Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Heavenly Convergence

Two of my favorite web sites are:

SMBC by certified nut (and I mean that in a loving way) Zach Weiner

Popehat by the legal equivalent of the "Island of Misfit Toys"

Those two sites, each in its own way, are pretty much the coolest things on the interwebs, for linking extreme bitterness and cynicism with a strong sense of indignant outrage.

And, mirabile dictu, there is an awesomely awesome post by Clark of Popehat, riffing on SMBC.  Of course, both posts themselves are deeply depressing.  But the convergence is most excellent.

Nod to Angry Alex, who--if there were an Island of Misfit Toys--would be Mayor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the coolest things on the interwebs, for linking extreme bitterness and cynicism with a strong sense of indignant outrage

The milieu of hipster douchebags who make the world a worse place. Something that fits you very well, mungi.

John Covil said...

Reminds me of a recent Top Gear when Jeremy Clarkson quoted PJ O'Rourke.

Anonymous said...

Now, Ken: "Hipster Douchebag" would be a BIG step up for me. I'm just a sad, pale wannabe. Though I have the douchebag thing down, I'll give you that!